Thursday, February 16, 2012

New York Minute

As expected, my New York trip was awesome. Doubly awesome because I didn't hurt anybody this time, except for perhaps several of my internal organs and the psyches of those who were unlucky to see me rip my shirt off repeatedly.

I was heavily recruited by my friends to sell my house and join them in the big city. This happens a lot on vacation. People who don't have to be near me that often think it would be a good idea for me to live around them. Strangely enough, people in Jacksonville who have to put up with me day after day tend to want me to go far, far away.

Most of these pictures were taken with my crappy no-flash phone. That's why they are blurry and out of focus. Plus, I was probably drunk. I took a lot of pictures, including excited photos of snow falling, but they were even more blurry than the crappy pictures I decided to share here so they didn't make the cut. The Goo Goo Muck - committed to quality control.

If I have one regret, it's that I didn't have enough time to spend with everyone, that and the fact that we didn't make it to the Sbarro's where the Fat Boys filmed the seminal music video "All You Can Eat," for a recreation, but that just gives me a goal for next time.


Thanks to everyone in NYC for their hospitality, showing me around and putting up with me and my traveling companion. Now enjoy the stunning picture quality only a cheap T-Mobile phone can provide!



I stayed at my friends Keith and Ellie's apartment. It's full of robots.


Robots and booze.


When in Brooklyn, visit Desert Island for all your comic needs (and Sicilian bread, apparently). Be sure to ask the owner about Mary Worth and Marmaduke.


Gettin' down in Chinatown.


These are stuffed cats for sale in Chinatown. For some reason, they have removable poops in their mouths.


GRRR!!!


Check it out, Joe Strummer on a wall!


If you happen to find this baby she will enthusiastically toast you all night. She's sort of like a continual Baby New Year.


One of these gentlemen got into a fight with four college kids just minutes before this photo was taken.


This robot hurt my feelings.

No comments: